Associate Partner Program
The California Municipal Utilities Association represents public-owned water agencies and electric utilities from the entire state of California. CMUA is a member-driven organization supporting and advocating for California's POUs.
In 2023, CMUA will celebrate 90 years of being the trusted voice of California's publicly owned electric utilities, leading major energy and water policy conversations before the Legislature, at state agencies, and in collaboration with other organizations to improve the quality of life in our communities. Our Associate Partners support has made achieving this goal possible.
Our strength is derived from our diverse membership of publicly-owned electric utilities, water agencies and our Associate Partners. Through these strategic alliances, we strive to achieve our goals of advancing CMUA's mission to be the voice of California's POUs. The support of our Associate Partners makes achieving that goal possible.
The benefits to you as an Associate Partner are year-round, providing a strong foundation on which to build a robust, mutually beneficial strategic partnership that:
- Creates a larger platform for sharing key messages about your company and how you address important challenges
- Increases your brand exposure by providing resources to connect CMUA’s members to your products and services
- Expands your reach to new audiences while positioning you for success
- Delivers thought-leadership platforms such as speaking and writing opportunities for key leaders in your organization
- Access to the $12 billion market encompassing California publicly owned electric utilities and water agencies;
- High-profile marketing opportunities at CMUA’s Annual Conference including a prime location display at our Vendor Showcase;
- Access to exclusive CMUA statewide events;
- Insightful industry briefs and policy updates;
- Access to the weekly CMUA News and Views member e-newsletter, seen by all CMUA members, with opportunities to include news and perspectives about your organization’s innovative efforts and projects;
- Annual featured promo in CMUA News & Views Associate Partner Spotlight;
- Opportunities to provide educational webinars tailored for CMUA members;
- Exclusive access to California municipal electric and water utilities serving more than 8 million electric customers and 25 million water customers;
- Complimentary listing in CMUA’s 2022-2023 Membership Directory;
- Complimentary listing in our Online Buyer’s Guide (Fall 2022)
- Discounted advertising rates for CMUA publications;
- Letter of introduction to water and electric utility leaders; and
- Consultation with key CMUA staff to customize your marketing efforts for messaging to California water agencies and electric utilities.