Data Management Specialist II
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and full-time position of Data Management Specialist II in the Electric Department. The current vacancy is in the Finance Division of the Electric Department and will primarily support electric utility financial and operational reporting. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am –5:00 pm; a flex schedule may be available. The current vacancy is in the Electric department which does not specifically desire experience in a 24 hour industrial process environment.
To perform technical and professional duties involving the analysis, design, development, programming, and maintenance of information systems related to the operations of an assigned department, including but not limited to, water and wastewater treatment or electric energy management, distribution, and generation processes and facilities; and to provide information technology support related to department specific operations and systems.
This is the journey level class within the Data Management Specialist series and is distinguished from the I level by the assignment of the full range of duties. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new, unusual or unique situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit. Positions in this class are flexibly staffed and are normally filled by advancement from the I level.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Receives direction from an assigned supervisor.
- May exercise technical supervision over clerical, maintenance and/or technical staff as assigned.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implement and maintain electronic data management, collection/storage, and related systems in support of assigned department operations and processes.
- Design, develop, program, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of electronic databases related to department operations including large Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle, SQL Server, integrated development environments, Internet application server, and/or web host software.
- Develop, install and maintain Web-based applications.
- Perform daily data analysis; maintain data integrity and accuracy by running and analyzing various programs and reports; perform database backup and recovery operations; implement and test backup and recovery policy.
- Monitor and maintain security of database systems by writing procedures, functions and triggers to control the flow of data, monitoring logs and reviewing system access privileges, allocating disk space for users, creating and maintaining users, user permissions, system privileges, and passwords, and performing other administrative tasks at the operating system level.
- Perform database back-up and recovery operations; implement and test back-up and recovery policies and procedures.
- Design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot server management tools, Internet application servers, and forms, reports and report development suite in support of department operations, requirements, and staff needs.
- Set up and maintain logical storage, channels, virtual disks and partitions; create data files, tablespaces, tables and indexes as needed.
- Work with various internal users to develop programs that meet business needs; develop, test, review, and de-bug related prototypes; create documentation of final programs; develop and conduct end user training and program roll out.
- Provide system administration services; set up and install new servers and operations systems; install system upgrades and/or apply patches; hard code and/or implement programs in anticipation of upgrades.
- Design and develop forms and reports in support of department operations, requirements, and staff needs.
- Prepare periodically-required internal and external regulatory reports related to department operations.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Data Management Specialist II
||City of Roseville - Electric Department
|Posting Start Date:
- Principles and practices of Oracle and SQL Server databases, Local Area Networks (LAN), Storage Area Networks (SAN), computer systems and related analysis.
- Principles and techniques of SQL, PL/SQL, and JAVA scripting, report writing, programming, electronic data processing and application documentation.
- Principles and practices related to the programming, maintenance, and use of computer systems and applications such as Oracle, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, WHIMS and web development software.
- Basic principles and practices associated with the operations of assigned department systems and facilities.
- Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances/rules, and department procedures.
Experience and Training
- Learn to perform technical duties in the analysis, design, and maintenance of information systems related to the processes and operations of the assigned department.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules; analyze problem equipment and/or procedures; know and apply techniques and terminology; communicate and explain test results to others.
- Intermittently, sit while studying or preparing reports; bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist when performing various field site sampling duties; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; use telephone, computer or communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 25 pounds or less.
- Learn to apply basic principles of business processes related to the assigned department’s operations and information management.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Independently perform technical duties in the analysis, design, and maintenance of information systems related to the processes and operations of the assigned department.
- Apply basic principles of business processes related to the assigned department’s operations and information management.
Two years of professional experience performing duties similar to that of a Data Management Specialist I with the City of Roseville (performing technical and professional duties involving the analysis, design, development, programming, and maintenance of information systems related to the operations of an assigned department, including but not limited to, water and wastewater treatment or electric energy management, distribution, and generation processes and facilities; and to provide information technology support related to department specific operations and systems).
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with major course work in computer science, information systems or a related field.
License or Certificate
To view the complete job description, information on benefits, and how to apply, click here.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license by date of appointment.
- Possession of a Database Administrator (DBA) certificate is desirable.
||This listing expires on: 10/9/2020