Transmission and Distribution Line Worker
Under general supervision, the 7350 Transmission and Distribution Line Worker leads and performs journey-level skilled line work in the installation, construction, maintenance and repair of high voltage overhead transmission and underground distribution lines, as well as rigging blocks, splicing wires and operating hydraulic lift buckets, and other related duties as required. This position will perform emergency response to power outages and damaged equipment as well as perform street light O&M and emergency repair.
Nature of Work
- Installs, repairs, and maintains high tension overhead transmission systems, related feeder lines, towers and poles; performs such maintenance activities when lines are energized as well as de-energized
- Maintains, operates, and adjusts electrical transmission and primary power substations ranging from 600 to 230,000 voltage, including circuit brakers, relays, batteries, and controls
- Installs and maintains underground and overhead distribution power lines and feeders and related auxiliary equipment; locates and isolates faulty sections and removes, installs and makes corrections where necessary
- Installs watt-hour meter systems, connects potential transformers, current transformers, phase shifting transformers, test switches, reactive meters, demand meters, and watt hour meters
- Maintains, operates, and repairs high voltage street light system
- Installs and maintains street lighting systems including circuits, poles, arms, and luminaries
- Patrols, tests, inspects, repairs, and replaces overhead and underground transmission and distribution lines circuits
- Maintains electronic utility power generation and transmission systems, and related components, including circuit brakers, relays, switches, and fuses, transformers, busses, and underground cables, feeders, and associated equipment
- Drives various types of departmental vehicles
- Class 7350 Transmission and Distribution Line Worker perform related duties as required.
: Nature of work involves considerable physical effort and dexterity with frequent exposure to inclement weather and natural elements and working conditions where serious accidents or injuries may occur. Requires knowledge of safety measures related to work on overhead and underground lines, as well as use of respirators.
To download and view a complete job description, including information on benefits and how to apply, click here
Transmission and Distribution Line Worker
||San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
||San Francisco, CA
||$125,450 (USD) Annually
|Posting Start Date:
If you are interested in a job like this, we are looking for people that have the following:
1a. Two years of verifiable work experience as a journey-level line worker, with pole and transmission systems ranging from 600 to 230,000volts, with responsibility for construction, installation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground lines; OR
1b. Completion of a State certified electrical line apprenticeship program; AND
2. Possession of a valid California driver's license.
Experience as an Electrician will NOT be considered qualifying.
- Positions located at Moccasin require a Class A driver’s license within 6 months of appointment.
- Positions located in San Francisco require a Class B driver’s license within 6 months of appointment.
- Failure to obtain the appropriate driver’s license within the specified time period will be cause for termination.
- The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted. All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included in the “Education” and “Training and Employment Record” sections of the City and County of San Francisco online application by the filing deadline. A resume does NOT substitute for this section of the City application and will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
To download and view a complete job description, including information on benefits and how to apply, click here.
||This listing expires on: 10/17/2020