Electric Resources Analyst
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and full-time position of Electric Resources Analyst I in the Electric Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am –5:00 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
The City of Roseville (COR) incorporates the following Core Competencies as part of the City’s culture:
- Focus on people: Develop and deliver service-oriented solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Build trust: Ensure honesty and integrity to gain confidence and support of others.
- Ensure accountability: Take responsibility for the outcomes of one’s own work and foster a sense of ownership in others.
- Communicate effectively: Deliver clear, concise messages and actively listen to ideas and questions.
- Collaborate inclusively: Build effective working partnerships, alliances, and teams.
- Make quality decisions: Make sound, timely decisions and recommendations.
- Be adaptable/agile: Change approach or methods to best fit the situation and effectively balance competing priorities.
To perform complex professional analytical work related to planning, evaluating, procuring, administering, and managing the risk associated with the Electric Utility Department’s supply resources.
This is the entry-level class in the Electric Resources Analyst series. This class is distinguished from the journey level by the performance of the more routine tasks and duties assigned to positions within this series. Employees at this level are not expected to perform with the same independence of direction and judgment on matters allocated to the journey level. Since this class is typically used as a training class, employees may have only limited or no directly related work experience. Employees work under general supervision while learning job tasks.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from an assigned supervisor; may receive technical and functional supervision from an Electric Resources Analyst II.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify current and future load/resource balances; prepare analysis and recommendations for electricity and natural gas purchases/sales to maximize portfolio value while remaining within City risk management policies.
- Conduct detailed energy resource planning studies and provide analysis of electricity and natural gas market price trends and data.
- Ensure program compliance with Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Procure and/or trade Natural Gas, Electricity, Green House Gas allowance and other commodities in accordance with City policies and State and Federal mandates.
- Prepare, analyze, negotiate, and administer power supply and natural gas contracts and agreements; prepare requests for proposals and evaluate technical, economic, and regulatory feasibility of contracts and projects.
- Optimize the City’s power supply portfolio by identifying, analyzing, and assessing market trends and costs and making appropriate recommendations regarding short-term and long-term strategic planning; maintain electricity and natural gas price risk management program and propose improvements.
- Develop, modify, maintain, and use computer-based models related to power production costs, current market transactions, forecasts of need and supply; and anticipated procurement costs; validate model assumptions and address needed changes in the model planning process, and software installation/maintenance, as appropriate.
- Represent the City’s electric utility interests to a variety of organizations and agencies on power resource planning, including pooling, contracts, transmission lines, market re-design, and regulatory compliance and changes.
- Research, follow and make recommendations regarding proposed legislation, regulatory changes, litigation, power supply contracts, energy transactions, and current trends such as greenhouse gas emissions and climate change, that affect the City’s position in the energy market.
- Assist in budget preparation and financial planning by compiling data, preparing and creating financial models and forecasts; prepare financial reports.
- Coordinate with other divisions and City departments and outside organizations and agencies regarding the City’s power supply resources.
- Intervene and/or support intervention during the development of legislation or regulations consistent with the interests of the City.
- Prepare written analysis of complex data for use by City decision-makers; prepare and make oral presentations related to the department’s supply resources.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Participate in and/or manage special projects, as assigned.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
To download the complete job description, information on benefits, and how to apply, click here
Electric Resources Analyst
||City of Roseville - Electric Department
||$8,902 - $11930 (USD) Monthly
|Posting Start Date:
- Principles and practices of mathematical and statistical analysis and modeling.
- Principles and methods of decision analysis, including cost/benefit analysis.
- Techniques of data analysis and related software and computer interfacing.
- Basic program and project management and contract administration.
- Modern office systems and equipment, including specialized computer applications for forecasting and modeling.
- Technical report writing procedures and techniques.
- Perform complex professional analytical work related to planning, evaluating, procuring, and managing the risk associated with electric power supply resources.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
- Learn gas and electric utility and related financial transaction terms, pricing, and settlements.
- Learn gas and electric market mechanics and analysis and power plant operating parameters and limitations.
- Learn power systems optimization methodologies, including related software programs.
- Learn pertinent local, State, and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
- Learn polices and procedure of the Electric Utility Department.
- Present complex and technical information in writing and orally to a wide variety of audiences.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
One year of energy resource planning experience related to analysis of supply and procurement, portfolio administration and/or associated risk management in an electric utility or two years of experience performing analysis related to load forecasting, electric utility industry financial analysis, wholesale/retail rate design, or related analysis for an electric utility.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with major course work in business administration, public administration, economics, engineering, mathematics or a related field.
License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
To view the complete job description, information on benefits, and how to apply, click here
||This listing expires on: 11/21/2020
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
City of Roseville - Electric Department
2090 Hilltop Drive
Roseville, CA 95747