The Utilities Supervisor position will oversee daily operations of a Lineperson/Cable Splicer crew in the Electrical Division. Oversight will include supervision of work crews, responding to customer service inquiries and investigate complaints, conduct site inspections, and serve as a committee member on the Apprenticeship Committee. Responsibilities of this position include the ability to develop work plans, determine priorities and evaluate staff performance to determine coaching and training needs.
The ideal candidate will have extensive journey-level electric lineperson construction experience and be knowledgeable of industry standards to establish best practices within the workplace. The ability to motivate work crews and lead teams is an essential part of this role and an opportunity to stretch your leadership skills. Experience with databases and previous analytical work will be an important part of this role.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises technical, clerical, and lead staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; and making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
- Supervises activities and participates in the monitoring, operating, servicing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of division equipment to ensure proper operations, which includes: adjusting processes; scheduling maintenance; interpreting raw data; monitoring activities for industrial compliance; ordering supplies and inventory; and/or, performing other related duties.
- Updates and maintains operating, procedural, and/or maintenance manuals and related files.
- Reviews and prepares a variety of applications, studies, data sheets and/or reports, which includes: compiling and calculating information and data; checking, recording, and updating records; and/or, preparing other related information. Submits reports to applicable internal departments and staff, as well as external agencies.
- Participates in facility maintenance, expansion, design, and/or renovation activities and projects.
- Facilitates and organizes training on applicable safety issues, division procedures, and/or other related topics.
- Responds to requests for information from the general public, other internal departments, external agencies, the community, employees, and/or other interested parties.
- Prepares, reviews, processes, and maintains a variety of records, data, and information in support of assigned program and/or project.
- Monitors compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, codes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in/on meetings, committees, and/or other applicable groups in order to receive and convey information.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of division budget, which may include capital improvement program budgets; monitors and approves expenditures in accordance with applicable policies.
- May participate in field engineering and quality control activities and layout design on applicable projects.
To review the complete job description, find information on benefits, and how to apply, click here.
||City of Palo Alto
||Palo Alto, CA
||$123,136 - $184,704 (USD) Annyally
|Posting Start Date:
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge and skills, which would typically be acquired through:
- High School Diploma, or GED, and ten years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successful perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Based upon area of assignment, some positions may require:
- Valid California Driver's License
The view the complete job description, information on benefits, and how to apply, click here.
The City of Palo Alto is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, age national origin or disability.
||This listing expires on: 12/14/2020