Procurement Contracts Specialist
Under the direction of the General Services Administrator, develops, performs, coordinates, and administers contracts for products and/or services within the Agency. Negotiates, extends, and renegotiates contracts as appropriate. Serves as a primary point of liaison with contractors, monitors existing contracts for compliance with terms and conditions in alignment with strategic goals of the Agency. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Procurement Contracts Specialist must perform his/her duties in a manner that reflects positively on the Yuba Water Agency, is collaborative with various departments and other government agencies, supports a strong safety culture and meets the mission of the Agency including flood control, water supply, fishery enhancement, recreation and hydroelectric generation. Generally, completes all assignments independently, requiring only periodic direct supervision.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
The following duties are not a complete list of duties and are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
To view the complete job description, locate information on benefits and how to apply, click here.
- Directly responsible for preparation, review, negotiation, establish, and administration of contractual arrangements.
- Develops complex scopes of work, technical professional services agreements, reviews specifications, schedules, and budgets; provides complex solicitation support and writes the associated contracts for a range of projects.
- Serves as a liaison with contracting representatives to ensure compliance with contract specifications and resolves complex issues, such as terms, conditions and cost; and arbitrates claims or complaints occurring in performance of contracts.
- Analyzes and approves or rejects internal and/or contractor requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices; reviews and interprets contract provisions to achieve cost efficiencies and reductions where feasible.
- Assesses contractor service value and product/service reliability relative to cost; plans, organizes, and coordinates acquisition alternatives.
- Review grant award requirements to ensure that contracts are written and managed to meet those grant requirements.
- Monitors departments and purchasing team members to review bid documents and ensure the proper contract documents are utilized and risk is transferred appropriately; conducts annual review with project managers on contract status.
- Supports managers with budget administration and compliance in relation to contracts, contract expenditures and contract adherence.
Procurement Contracts Specialist
||Yuba Water Agency
||$73,236.80 - $89,024 (USD) Annually
|Posting Start Date:
Below is a sampling of the areas of knowledge, skills and abilities for the positon. Please refer to the complete job description for a more expanded list.
- Principles and practices of public procurement contract administration and technical areas of procurement
- Principles and practices of evaluating and determining risk
- Principles and practices of evaluating and determining procurement contract legal and insurance issues
- Department of Industrial Relations reporting requirements for Public Works and Maintenance projects
- California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act
- State and Federal requirements
- Contract Insurance Requirements
- Grant Review and adherence
- Write highly technical professional services agreements.
- Specific functions, terminology and concepts related to procurement
- Applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Business arithmetic
- Record keeping principles and practices
- Effective and comprehensive technical writing
- Thorough and detailed oriented, setting priorities and organizing work, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Time management, highly organized, detailed and self-motivated.
- Maintaining accurate records and files.
- Drafting professional correspondence and letters, independently or from brief instructions.
- Maintaining sensitive and confidential information in the course of supporting Agency business
- Work as a team member within the Yuba Water Agency.
- Work under high pressure and demanding conditions
- Multitask and prioritize based on Agency needs to meet and exceed critical project deadlines and requirements
- Identify deficiencies and suggest and implement improvements
- Prepare clear and concise administrative reports, when required
- Follow department policies and procedures
- Coordinate activities with internal and external departments
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with major course work in business administration, public administration, economics or related field.
Three years of increasingly responsible professional level experience working with complex contracts and risk analysis, program contract management, evaluation, policy development, scopes of works, contracts, and report writing experience with highly technical solicitations desired.
View and download the complete job description, information on benefits and how to apply here.
||This listing expires on: 3/20/2021