Line Superintendent (4-day, 36-hour Work Schedule)
Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) is currently recruiting for an Line Superintendent and it is Open Until Filled.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of, and lead, a great crew making a significant impact in the local community. Please note that this position is full time with excellent benefits including a modern work-life balance with a 4-day/36 hour work week schedule
(typically Monday through Thursday). Read on to learn more about AMP and this career opportunity.
About Alameda Municipal Power
AMP was founded in 1887 and is one of the oldest continuously operating electric utilities west of the Mississippi River. The utility has just over 35,000 customers comprising approximately 30,000 residential accounts and 5,000 commercial/government accounts. As a communityowned utility, AMP has much to offer its customers including the delivery of 100% clean energy (among the first in the nation to do so); rates that are 20% below the neighboring investor-owned PG&E; and a power reliability record that is among the top in western states.
We maintain local control so that we can re-invest in the island and provide value to enrich our lives, businesses, and the community. We've seen a lot of change in over 130 years, but through it all there's been one constant: We're as committed today to delivering safe and reliable electricity to the residents and businesses of Alameda as we were in 1887. We'll continue to invest in new and improved ways of doing business to manage costs, improve our service, and improve the environment.
About the Division/Position
This is a dynamic time for electric utilities and AMP's Engineering & Operations Division plays a key role in shaping the design, construction, and operation of the transmission and distribution system. The Operations Sections include Line, Substations, Metering, and System Control, all working very closely together and interface with other areas of the organization to achieve safe and reliable distribution of electricity every day.
As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to create and implement a variety of programs that help in achieving AMP's goals and vision.
We are looking for a colleague with exceptional technical knowledge, management skills, program and project management skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and an interest in learning new skills to meet the ongoing needs of the highly dynamic energy sector.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Here are some examples of typical job duties:
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates construction and maintenance of overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems and maintenance.
- Reviews work progress and problems with subordinate supervisors.
- Prepares routine and special reports to document work activities and performance.
- Evaluates, revises and implements work methods, conducts studies of accepted work methods used by other utilities.
- Ensures adherence to and application of established safe work practices and procedures.
- Prepares and administers section budget; prepares plans and cost data for the budget and the AMP's General Plan.
- Monitors the adequacy of the AMP's construction equipment and vehicles and makes recommendations on additions, replacements and major modifications.
- Oversees the apprentice line workers program.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.