Administrative Services Coordinator - AMP (36 hour, 4 day per week work schedule)
- Nature of Position
Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) is currently recruiting for an Administrative Services Coordinator-AMP and this position's work schedule is 36 hours per week over 4 days (typically Monday through Thursday); this is considered full-time with a competitive benefits package.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team making a significant impact in the local community. Please note that this position is full time with excellent benefits including a modern work-life balance. Read on to learn more about AMP and this career opportunity.
About Alameda Municipal Power
AMP was founded in 1887 and is one of the oldest continuously operating electric utilities west of the Mississippi River. The utility has just over 35,000 customers, comprising approximately 30,000 residential accounts and 5,000 commercial/government accounts. As a community-owned utility, AMP has much to offer its customers including the delivery of 100% clean energy (among the first in the nation to do so); rates that are 20 percent below the neighboring investor-owned utility PG&E; a power reliability record that is among the top in western states; and a portfolio of customer programs offering generous rebates for energy efficiency, electric vehicles, and building electrification.
We've seen a lot of change in 130 years, but through it all there's been one constant: We're as committed today to delivering safe and reliable electricity to the residents and businesses of Alameda as we were in 1887. We'll continue to invest in new and improved ways of doing business to manage costs, improve our service, and improve the environment.
About the Division/Position
This is a dynamic time for electric utilities and AMP's Engineering & Operations Division plays a key role in shaping the design, construction, and operation of the transmission and distribution system. The Operations Sections include Line, Substations, Metering, and System Control, all working very closely together and interfacing with other areas of the organization to achieve safe and reliable distribution of electricity every day. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to help AMP in achieving its goals and vision.
We are looking for a colleague who under general supervision, provides entry level management assistance in the planning, coordination and supervision of AMP operating programs, administrative studies and special projects; assist with and coordinates key management initiatives; and performs other work as assigned.
- Distinguishing Features
Positions allocated to this class perform basic administrative and budgetary research and analyses and provide recommendations. They are expected to perform routine analytical work requiring a basic knowledge of administrative principles and analytical practices. Work in the class is distinguished from that of higher classes in that it is routine. Initially supervision and training are given in detail and as the incumbent becomes more capable, works with a higher degree of independence. Work in the class is distinguished from that of technical, administrative support, and clerical classes in that it requires strong administrative and analytical skills.
- Examples of Duties
Here are some examples of typical job duties:
- Assists in the administration of specific work units, programs, projects and/or assignments; conducts organizational, administrative and fiscal studies and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Researches, surveys, collects, compiles, tracks and reviews information and technical data in order to report and advise on the resolution of operational and administrative problems.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records; maintains various databases, records and filing systems; prepares clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- Performs work flow and space needs and utilization studies, revises forms, records, systems and procedures; analyzes and develops work procedures such as work simplification, methods for continuous improvement, and maximized use of technology and computer applications.
- May assist in preparation of applications for monetary grants and the handling of details of grant administration including contracts with federal, state, and local agencies.
- Performs statistical and clerical work including word processing and document production; procures supplies and equipment; conducts unit inventory and control.
- Serves as an administrative point of contact and provides information to and confers with other departments, public officials, consultants and citizens; explains City policies, procedures, projects, and programs and responds to stakeholder and customer inquiries; makes presentations on assigned projects and programs.
- May assist in budget preparation and administration.
- May administer various staff functions of the department.
- May supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Administrative Services Coordinator - AMP (36 hour, 4 day per week work schedule)
||Alameda Municipal Power
||$77,260.00 - $93,909.00 Annually
|Posting Start Date:
- Employment Standards
Qualifications to Apply
Education: The Administrative Services Coordinator-AMP requires graduation from high school supplemented by college coursework in public or business administration.
Experience: The Administrative Services Coordinator-AMP requires two years of responsible administrative or supervisory clerical experience.
We will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience that meets the stated qualifications. Please click here
to view the full job description.
Please submit an online application detailing your work experience and attach a cover letter and resume.
Applications will be evaluated and candidates whose qualifications are evaluated as “best qualified” will be invited to an examination process. The examination for this recruitment will consist of a structured oral interview panel. The interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of July 12, 2021.
Qualified applicants will be notified of the exact date, time, and location of examinations approximately two weeks in advance. If applicants have not received written notice at least one week prior to the tentative test date listed in the flyer, they should contact the City of Alameda Human Resources Department at (510) 747-4900.
Candidates passing all components of the examination process will be placed on an Eligible List. A list of names is certified to the department(s) having vacancies based on the type of examination conducted pursuant to the provision of the City's Civil Service Rules. Final selection will be made from the Eligible List by the Department Head subject to approval by the City Manager. The Department Head may utilize additional selection procedures to make a final hiring decision. Placement on an Eligible List does not guarantee employment. Prior to appointment, a thorough reference check will be conducted which may include a credit check and background. The selection process may be evaluated and revised based on the number of qualified applicants. Federal law requires that prior to employment, you must furnish proof of your identity and eligibility for employment in the United States, as required the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- 4-day work week/36 hours per week
- Employer-paid medical contribution covers premiums for you and your family.
- Employer-paid dental contribution covers premiums for you and your family.
- Generous pension program (CalPERS retirement)
- Learn more about our benefits here (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader).
E-VERIFY: The City of Alameda utilizes the Federal government's E-Verify program and new employees must provide documentation to establish both identity and work authorization, which includes showing a valid United States Social Security card at the time of hire (photocopies not accepted).
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE CREDIT: A job applicant qualifies as a veteran if honorably discharged from active military, reservist, or National Guard duty of at least 18 consecutive months within the past five (5) years of the date of application. In case of discharge attributable to service-connected injuries or illnesses, the 18 months active duty requirement need not be fulfilled. An applicant claiming veteran's preference credit must attach to their application, a legible copy of their DD-214 verifying the type of discharge and date(s) of active service. NO OTHER DOCUMENTATION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Alameda encourages minorities, women and the disabled to apply. It is the City's policy that all aspects of employment and promotion shall be without regard to sex, marital status or disability (except where dictated by requirements of the position), race, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religious creed, color, national origin or age. Qualified disabled persons must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. No individual may pose a direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself or other individuals in the workplace. Barring undue hardship, reasonable accommodations can be made in the application and examination process for disabled individuals or for religious reasons. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be made in advance to the Human Resources Department. Hearing Impaired TDD (510) 522-7538.
The information contained herein is subject to change and does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
||This listing expires on: 8/7/2021