Electric Manager - Engineering
Learn more and apply by July 5, 2022 at www.cityofredding.org/jobs
The City of Redding - Electric Department (REU) is accepting applications for the position of Electric Manager - Engineering to manage the Engineering section within the T&D Asset Management Division (T&D Assets). This division is responsible for design, construction, and maintenance of 70 Miles of 115KV transmission, 740 miles and 12 KV distribution and eleven substations.
The Electric Manager - Engineering directly oversees four functional groups, each led by a supervisor:
- asset engineering
- service planning
- capital projects
The ideal candidate for this position will have the leadership skills to manage this cross functional team of highly qualified technical staff as they execute REU’s 2021-2026 Strategic Plan with strategic priorities to Mitigate Risk, Maximize Reliability and Meet Regulations. Example of current projects include:
We are looking for someone to:
- Wildfire Mitigation projects such as system hardening, sectionalizing, protection system upgrades and many more
- Aging infrastructure replacement on REU’s overhead and underground distribution system
- Distribution Modernization projects including fiber optic communication between substations, line capacity upgrades and network metering
- Substation modernization and physical security improvements
- Design and build a 12th substation
- Manage Electric Department construction and consulting contracts for transmission, substation, distribution and general engineering projects
- Supervise assigned staff
- Assist in preparation of capital budget and tracking of project costs
- Supervise the preparation of/or prepare the more complex engineering projects including substation design, transmission design, system protection studies, system planning studies and capital improvement plans
- implement changes and improvements to City Municipal Code and/or City/department policies and procedures to improve efficiency of the Electric Utility and improve service to City customers
- Review planned annexations and new development plans (residential, commercial, industrial)
- Manage the acquisition of selected equipment, products and services to augment the City's electrical services
- Prepare City Council agenda items
- Respond to inquiries and questions regarding resource development/acquisition projects, load-projection projects, engineering construction projects, annexations, claims, substation maintenance, metering and system planning
- Provide reports and data to the Assistant Director as required in support of the Division/Department and perform related duties as assigned.
The City of Redding provides an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and a CalPERS retirement program along with a great work environment. This position will receive a 2% increase July 2022.
Electric Manager - Engineering
||City of Redding
||$169,980 - $220,980 (USD) Annually
|Posting Start Date:
||Education, Experience and Special Requirements:
- Typical education would include a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited college, university or equivalent.
- Typical experience would include seven years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in engineering, planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of power systems and rotating equipment, including large project management experience with at least three years in a supervisory role.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/FEDERAL AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
||This listing expires on: 8/7/2022