Transmission Line Supervisor 1 - Power Enterprise, SFPUC
Position location: 23 The Embarcadero & 10 Lombard
Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
WHO ARE WE?
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC)
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have 2,300 employees operating across eight counties serving more than 2.7 million customers in the San Francisco Bay Area – 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
To provide our customers with high-quality, efficient, and reliable water, power, and wastewater services in a manner that values environmental and community interests and sustains the resources entrusted to our care.
We are an innovative utility leader, recognized for excellent results in service, safety, stewardship, and inclusiveness.
We are an award-winning and industry-leading utility organization committed to our customers, community interests, and the environment. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at https://www.sfpuc.org/
We are proud of our infrastructure and programs, but most importantly, we value our highly qualified and dedicated workforce which ensures that this vision becomes a reality.
To learn more about working at the SFPUC, visit our career site at https://www.sfpuc.org/about-us/careers-sfpuc
The Power Enterprise, within the SFPUC, has two separate power programs, Hetch Hetchy Power, San Francisco’s Publicly Owned Utility serving 150 MQ of retail load, and CleanPowerSF, San Francisco’s Community Choice Aggregation program, serving 500+ MW of retail load. Power Enterprise serves this load with a combination of owned and purchased resources. SFPUC owns and operates the Hetch Hetchy Water and Power Project, which includes hydroelectric power generation in Moccasin, California; solar arrays throughout San Francisco; and biogas cogeneration facilities, which together produce cost-effective energy with a zero greenhouse gas (GHG-free) emission profiles. Both of these power programs’ supply portfolios exceed State minimum renewable content. Power Enterprise provides its retail customers with distributed energy resource programs. In addition to these retail electricity service offerings, Power Enterprise is responsible for San Francisco street and pedestrian lighting.
The 7229 Transmission Line Supervisor is the supervisor in the High Voltage Maintenance Department and is responsible for the supervision of Transmission and Distribution Line Workers who are engaged in the construction and maintenance of transmission and distribution electric facilities. Directs and coordinates the activities of the Transmission and Distribution Line Workers. The 7229 Transmission Line Supervisor oversees electric transmission distribution maintenance construction for all new redevelopment areas in San Francisco, Treasure Island, and the San Francisco International Airport. Nature of work requires considerable physical effort and manual dexterity with frequent exposure to inclement weather and serious accident hazards.
Essential duties include:
To view the complete job description, locate information on benefits, and how to apply, click here.
- Supervises 7350 Transmission and Distribution Line Workers.
- Supervises emergency response to power outages and damaged equipment and street light O&M and emergency repair.
- Supervises the inspection of overhead and underground electrical infrastructure.
- Assures all safety rules and procedures are followed.
- Plans and schedules all construction and maintenance jobs for the High Voltage Maintenance Department.
- Assists in the development and advancement of subordinates through training and effective use of employee development programs.
- Prepares material purchase requisitions and works with warehouse personnel to ensure material orders are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintains and updates work orders in the Maximo work management system.
- Performs other duties as required.