Electric Manager - Technology
To learn more and apply, please visit www.cityofredding.org/jobs
by August 14, 2022
The City of Redding is accepting applications for the position of Electric Manager - Technology to manage the Operational Technology Group supporting the Electric Utility within the Information Technology Department while coordinating and directing resources in support of all other Redding Electric Utility technology and information technology efforts. As an integral member of REU’s Internal Compliance Program, this position takes a leadership role in Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), assigned the CIP Senior Manager role, and all other technology related electric reliability standards.
The City of Redding provides an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and a CalPERS retirement program along with a great work environment.
We are looking for someone to
Facts about Redding, CA:
- Provide management, oversight, training and direction to the supervisor of the OTE group and the OTE group including OTE workforce allocation, daily workload and projects prioritization.
- Develop, implement and manage short- and long-term OTE goals, objectives, policies and standards.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an Electric Utility technology project submission process. Act as Project Manager for Electric Utility technology-related projects.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and tracking of project costs for Electric Utility Information Technology/Operational Technology operations and capital financial needs.
- Ensure budgets are monitored and fund balances remain within budget guidelines.
- Work in partnership with other utility divisions and City Departments to build strong relationships and provide effective, efficient and coordinated use of resources.
- Assume the CIP Senior Manager role with overall authority and responsibility for leading and managing the implementation of, and continued adherence to the requirements within the NERC CIP Standards.
- Chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) as it relates to the Electric Utility’s NERC medium-level assets; providing structure, meeting agendas, document meetings minutes, and co-chair selection.
- Maintain strong relationships with industry peers and Electric Utility agencies to support and drive best practices.
- Provide as needed or upon request reports and data to the Chief Information Officer as required in support of the Division/Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Redding is a growing community in beautiful Northern California located at the base of the Cascades. We are surrounded by stunning mountain ranges, the Sacramento River, two National Parks, and world-class trails and parks. With an average commute of 10 minutes, an affordable housing market, and a family-friendly community, we take pride in making Redding an even better place to live, work and play.
- Mediterranean Climate with over 300 days of sun per year.
- Average commute time of 10 minutes
- Median home price is 375K
- $2,300 Average monthly rent for a 4-bedroom home
- Top ten fishing town in North America by Forbes
- Unofficial Capital of Kayaking by Time Magazine
- Redding is known as the Trail Capital of California
Veteran’s Credit: Applicants who attach a copy of the DD-214 to their application indicating “Honorable Discharge” from military service and receive a passing score on the examination process will have two (2) additional points added to their final examination score.
The City of Redding adheres to Cal/OSHA COVID-19 requirements.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/FEDERAL AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Electric Manager - Technology
||City of Redding
||$138,636.00 - $180,240.00 Annually
|Posting Start Date:
||Education, Experience and Special Requirements:
- Typical education would include a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college, or university, or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Typical experience would include seven years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in Electric Utility Operational Technology\Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), NERC\CIP compliance, Server and Workstation Technologies, Cyber Security, Electric Utility Engineering and Operations technologies,
- Three years management/supervision experience.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license, or the ability to acquire one within ten days of appointment.
||This listing expires on: 8/19/2022