Electric Utility Analyst (Financial)
To learn more and apply, please visit www.cityofredding.org/jobs by August 31, 2022.
The City of Redding Electric Utility (REU) is accepting applications for an immediate opening as an Electric Utility Analyst in the Financial Services Division. This position reports to the Electric Program Supervisor (Financial Services) and performs professional, technical, analytical, and related work in the areas of finance, budget, rates, and risk.
Desired skills and abilities for this position:
- Function individually or on a team
- Financial Planning
- Business Administration
- Financial Reporting
- Cost Accounting and Pricing
- Interpreting Legislation and Regulations
- Risk Assessment and KPIs
- Counterparty Review
*Please note that while prior knowledge and experience with electric utilities as defined in the qualification section is desirable, not having experience and knowledge in the electric utility industry will not automatically result in disqualification.*
The City of Redding provides an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and a CalPERS retirement program along with a great work environment. This position will receive a 2% increase in June 2023.
We are looking for someone to:
Facts about Redding, CA:
- Verify quantities and price of wholesale purchases, sales, and interchanges with counterparties
- Resolve discrepancies that may occur in records of transacting parties
- work with trading and scheduling staff to understand and implement power scheduling practices, procedures, and related activities
- Communicate with representatives of other utilities and companies regularly to provide and verify information related to wholesale transactions and delivery
- Resolve discrepancies as required
- Prepare statistical reports as required by staff and regulatory bodies
- Review and verify the accuracy of invoices for purchases made under the authorizing contract prior to payment authorization
- Monitor, track, and report on the flow of prepay gas ensuring that proper documentation is in place to ensure that all prepay gas has been utilized or remediated per established procedures
- Serve as internal auditor for regulatory compliance reporting
- Review compliance with regulatory and legislative bodies
- Monitor regulatory and/or legislative actions that have a potential effect on the Utility
- Assist with the compliance and reporting requirements as needed
- Assist in the development of procedures for managing and minimizing the City's electric and gas transaction risks
- Research, compile, and prepare reports regarding energy and gas transactions
- Develop or assist in the development of spreadsheets, databases, or other tools to accomplish the above as well as other analytical tasks as assigned
- Represent the Electric Utility in various forums; and perform other related duties as required.
Redding is a growing community in beautiful Northern California located at the base of the Cascades. We are surrounded by stunning mountain ranges, the Sacramento River, two National Parks, and world-class trails and parks. With an average commute of 10 minutes, an affordable housing market, and a family-friendly community, we take pride in making Redding an even better place to live, work and play.
- Mediterranean Climate with over 300 days of sun per year.
- Average commute time of 10 minutes
- Median home price is 375K
- $2,300 Average monthly rent for a 4-bedroom home
- Top ten fishing town in North America by Forbes
- Unofficial Capital of Kayaking by Time Magazine
- Redding is known as the Trail Capital of California
Veteran’s Credit: Applicants who attach a copy of the DD-214 to their application indicating “Honorable Discharge” from military service and receive a passing score on the examination process will have two (2) additional points added to their final examination score.
The City of Redding adheres to Cal/OSHA COVID-19 requirements.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/FEDERAL AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER