Electric Program Supervisor - Line
To learn more and apply, please visit www.cityofredding.org/jobs
by September 11, 2022.
The City of Redding Electric Utility (REU) is accepting applications for the position of Electric Program Supervisor - Line.
This position supervises Electric Utility business processes and systems of the line division, dispatches assigned staff, schedules work, arranges outages, manages equipment, performs material forecasting, prepares performance reviews, reviews work orders, coordinates rental equipment, checks time sheets for accuracy, prepares daily crew location sheets, monitors safety program and operational procedures and assists with changes as required, recommends training as needed for field forces, writes switch order requests and reviews switch orders, assists in the coordination of trenching contractor work and recommends system improvements.
The City of Redding provides an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and a CalPERS retirement program along with a great work environment.
We are looking for someone to:
Facts about Redding, CA:
- Provide supervision, coaching, evaluation, and prioritize the training of assigned staff
- Develop, facilitate, and lead continuous improvement activities related to business processes and workflow management tools that support execution of field work including work orders, field tags, trouble work, materials management, inspections, and other processes used by the line division.
- Manage assigned portions of division budget related to construction and maintenance of transmission and distribution system
- Coordinate Electric Utility trouble activities as needed.
- Coordinate inspections, repairs, audits, and pre-check work orders.
- Resolve field problems with assigned staff.
- Pre-plan and post check disconnect, switching, inspection grids and work orders for proper construction.
- Write specifications for use in bidding for tools and/or purchasing work equipment for use by the Electric Utility.
- Assist warehouse staff in materials management.
- Manage the rolling stock needs for Line Operations and coordinate with City of Redding Fleet Maintenance and REU Finance and Business Services.
- Verify and authorize time sheets.
- Verify inspections, data entry/as-builts/mapping corrections, meter set information, field tags, USA’s and switch logs.
- Perform related duties as required.
Redding is a growing community in beautiful Northern California located at the base of the Cascades. We are surrounded by stunning mountain ranges, the Sacramento River, two National Parks, and world-class trails and parks. With an average commute of 10 minutes, an affordable housing market, and a family-friendly community, we take pride in making Redding an even better place to live, work and play.
- Mediterranean Climate with over 300 days of sun per year.
- Average commute time of 10 minutes
- Median home price is 375K
- $2,300 Average monthly rent for a 4-bedroom home
- Top ten fishing town in North America by Forbes
- Unofficial Capital of Kayaking by Time Magazine
- Redding is known as the Trail Capital of California
Veteran’s Credit: Applicants who attach a copy of the DD-214 to their application indicating “Honorable Discharge” from military service and receive a passing score on the examination process will have two (2) additional points added to their final examination score.
The City of Redding adheres to Cal/OSHA COVID-19 requirements.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/FEDERAL AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Electric Program Supervisor - Line
||City of Redding
||$132,012.00 - $171,624.00 Annually
|Posting Start Date:
||Qualifications we're looking for:
Education, Experience and Special Requirements:
- Knowledge of day-to-day field operation activities of an electric utility
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Knowledge of General Orders 95, 128 and 165
- Knowledge of utility operating and construction methods
- Knowledge of labor contracts
- Knowledge of duties of all employees supervised
- Knowledge of switching procedures
- Knowledge of Cal/OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures
- Knowledge of supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with the public, other utility and City personnel.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in a written manner
- Ability to demonstrate supervision skills
- Ability to understand the operation of field equipment, test equipment and procedures
- Typical education would include graduation from an accredited college/university with a Bachelor's (or advanced) degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Energy Management, Engineering, Economics, or a related field, or successful completion of a lineman apprenticeship program.
- Typical experience would include five years relevant experience within an Electric Utility or Utility Line Construction business and 2 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license, or the ability to acquire one within ten days of appointment.
||This listing expires on: 10/18/2022