Senior Customer Program Analyst
The City of Pasadena, Water and Power Department (PWP) is seeking a Senior Customer Program Analyst to support the design, development, and implementation of assigned “customer programs”, which include the utility’s electrification, energy efficiency, demand response, distributed resource and energy storage offerings. The customer programs promote more efficient use of available water and energy resources, help reduce environmental impacts to meet City Council-adopted goals and state-mandated environmental targets and reductions.
The ideal candidate
will be fully responsible for activities associated with building electrification incentive programs, which includes assisting customers and developers in completing projects as well as rebate program administration; focused on encouraging customers to convert natural-gas fired heating, appliances, and processes to electric alternatives. In addition, the candidate will also be fully responsible for energy efficiency and demand response components that involves developing request for proposals (RFPs); reviewing, evaluating, and selecting contractors, overseeing contractor performance; assisting customers as part of overall operations, as well as overall administration of existing programs.
The Senior Customer Program Analyst typically reports to a Customer Program Manager and may supervise and/or provide technical guidance and lead work direction to other professional conservation programs staff and contractors.
The major responsibilities of this position are listed below. For more detailed information, please review the job description
- Contributes to the development of PWP’s electrification, energy efficiency, demand response, distributed resource and energy storage program budget and monitors performance against the annual department budget.
- Participates in formulating and implementing goals and objectives to achieve strategic objectives for PWP’s customer-facing energy efficiency, electrification and demand response programs. This includes, but is not limited to, programs to encourage adoption by customers through education and outreach, and support for electrification, demand response or energy efficiency projects.
- Develops or participates in developing RFPs/RFQs for contract services to implement or support program functions; participates in the review, evaluation and selection of contractors; oversees contractor performance to ensure conformance with contract requirements.
- Leads and directs staff and outside consulting resources in the development and application of new methods and processes to achieve higher efficiency, productivity and customer service in work processes.
- Identifies, secures, and administers external funding sources such as grants or partnerships for electrification and demand response projects/programs.
- Coordinates with other PWP Divisions and City Departments for the implementation of electrification and demand response programs/projects.
- Researches and evaluates the needs and interests of various customer groups and performs program level cost-benefit analysis assessments.
- Monitors legislation and regulations applicable to assigned customer program activities; evaluates impacts on City programs and operations; develops recommended responses and proposals.
- Represents the City at community events and workshops and in regulatory agency, interagency, industry and professional meetings.
- Develops recommendations to department management for approval; represents the department in presentations to City executive management, City Council and Council Committees and advisory commissions.
- Supports PWP’s compliance with energy efficiency potential forecasts, annual energy efficiency reporting, while also preparing and contributing to a wide variety of compliance and other reports to internal and external agencies.
Senior Customer Program Analyst
|City of Pasadena, Water and Power Department (PWP)
|$103,772.00 - $129,714.00 Annually
|Posting Start Date:
The following list represents the core competencies needed for success in this position.
- Action & Results Focus – Initiating tasks and focusing on accomplishment.
- Attention to Detail - Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products.
- Analyzing & Interpreting Data - Draws meaning and conclusions from quantitative or qualitative data.
- Customer Focus - Able to attend the needs and expectation of the customer.
- Presentation Skill - Formally and effectively delivers information to groups.
- Business Process Analysis – Defining, assessing, and improving operational processes and workflow.
- Project Management - Ensuring that projects are on-time, on-budget, and achieve their objectives.
- Critical Thinking - Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in earth or plant sciences, economics, business administration, marketing, engineering or another relevant field.
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in water or energy conservation programs, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in a public agency is preferred.
- Professional experience with demand response, energy efficiency, or electrification programs is highly desirable.
The selection process may consist of any combination of the following: a training and experience evaluation, written test, interview panel, and/or department-level interviews.
There is currently one (1) vacancy in the Customer Relations Division of the Water & Power Department. The resulting eligibility list from this recruitment may be used to fill similar vacancies in the future.
Probationary work period is 12 months.
This position is part of the PMA bargaining Unit.
Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license and comply with the City’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy during the course of employment.
The following certifications are highly desirable:
Energy Conservation: Certified Energy Analyst or Manager; LEED Accredited Professional
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
2/15/2024 11:59 PM Pacific
|This listing expires on: 3/29/2024