2019 CMUA Resource Efficiency & Community Service Awards -- Apply Now!
Showcase your utility's or water agency's innovative projects through CMUA's annual awards program.
*The nomination deadline has been extended to March 1*
CMUA member utilities and water agencies are invited to submit an application for CMUA’s 2019 Resource Efficiency & Community Service Awards. This awards program has recognized more than 400 outstanding entries from across California since it began 26 years ago.
Award winners will be honored at CMUA’s Annual Conference, April 1, 2019, in San Diego, and will be prominently featured during the conference, on social media, and in CMUA’s e-newsletter and magazine.
The competition is open to all CMUA members. The submission deadline is March 1, 2019.
Please download this nomination form for the application, and category and criteria requirements.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2019 *Deadline Extended!*
Presentation of Awards: CMUA’s Annual Conference
San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn ● April 1, 2019
Award CategoriesA maximum of nine awards, three in each of the following classifications: Larger Utility/Agency, Medium Utility/Agency and Smaller Utility/Agency (see attached listing) are given in these categories:
- Energy Programs: Innovative and effective approaches in implementing renewable energy resources, energy efficiency, demand reduction, research and development, low income assistance, or greenhouse gas reduction strategies.
- Water Programs: Innovative and effective programs that implement practices designed to save or efficiently use water resources, or greenhouse gas reduction strategies.
- Community Service Programs: Innovative and effective approaches to serving local community needs that do not fall in the above categories.
- A utility or agency may submit no more than three applications in total and no more than one application per category.
- A program can only be submitted in one category.
- Programs for which applications are submitted must have been in effect in 2018 or prior. If the program is no longer operating, the last month of operation must be no longer than three years ago.
- Each application form must be fully completed. (All 5 questions must be answered.)
- Your submission will be judged solely on information provided in your application.
JudgingThe judging panel is comprised of energy and water industry leaders, including past award winners. Judges will score on the following:
- Program’s overall concept and implementation;
- Originality, creativity and innovativeness;
- Promotion of efficient use of natural resources and/or serving local community needs; and
- Benefits to customers and/or the community.