CMUA makes our making our members heard and leading the way on California energy and water issues.
ADVOCACY IN 2018:
- 2,637 total bills tracked in the Legislature
- 90 water bills
- 145 energy bills
- 243 bills watched
- took a position on 50 bills
- tracked activities of 11 governmental agencies
- engaged in 30+ water and energy proceedings
- submitted 20+ energy and water-related comment letters and briefs
- CMUA staff had 200+ public including testifying at State Capitol, speaking at conferences and public meetings, and writing op-eds that appear in major newspaper and websites
LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE ACTIVITIESDuring a two-year legislative term, the Legislative Committee reviews thousands of bills and takes positions on dozens of measures affecting POUs and water agencies.
Working together, we influence nearly every piece of legislation affecting POUs and water agencies.
REGULATORY COMMITTEE ACTIVITIESThe Regulatory Committee directs CMUA positions and serves as a forum for member discussions about regulatory issues that may impact members’ operations. CMUA convenes more than 20 member committees, subcommittees and working groups focused on a wide range of energy and water issues of interest to our members.
Working together, we shape every regulatory proceeding we engage in.